What is IP Geolocation?
When any device (computer, mobile phone, TV, etc.) connects to the Internet, it is assigned a unique IP address used when visiting websites.
An IP geolocation service can determine your location by IP address, as well as details of your Internet provider/organization, and a type of connection.
Where IP geolocation is used:
1. Websites can show a language-specific content. For example, if you are located in the United States, the website’s content will be automatically displayed in English.
2. Search engines can show search results based on your geographic location, thus making them country-specific.
3. Show geographically-targeted advertisements and promotions to users.
4. Collect user statistics.
What information you can find by IP on our website?
1. Country, state/region, and city details.
2. Internet service provider/organization name and all IP addresses they use, your IP address pool, time zone and the type of Internet connection. Besides, you can find more Internet service providers/organizations located in the same time zone, country, state/region or city.
What databases we use?
On our website you can get fresh information from “DB-IP” and “Maxmind” databases.
How to hide your real location?
The only way to hide your real location is to hide your IP address. You can do it by using VPN/SOCKS/proxy or special software and plug-ins, like Privatix.